Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Might Have.


You are taking too long for me,
the gap spanning between here and there
far too large for me
to remember the gap between your teeth
and for you to remember the gap my smile used to be
when you just talked to me.
You are taking too long for me to love.

Maybe our future speaks in sad love songs,
forlorn and adorning the walls of teenage angst long ago,
and our love was meant to die.
Testify what I mean to you,
Tell me my worth and perhaps
the diamonds will fall from my lips,
emeralds brimming at the cusp,
rubies dotting my eyelids.
Perhaps, perhaps then you will remember
and dismember the silence
that once was potential.

What is love
that has yet to take flight?
What is love
that is unrequited?
What is the feeling of hope and half-hearted disaster,
lounging here where my heart used to be,
a tumultuous black hole of doubt and desire,
fire in my stomach,
I want you to know me...

Yet you are anomaly,
I can't seem to get you, or forget you.
Countless hours spent gathering flowers,
shredding petals in pursuit of the great
perhaps. Perhaps then you might recall
the gall I had
to dismember the silence
and wonder if I could love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment