Saturday, June 2, 2018

Confetti

Fell off the bandwagon a bit. Still posting with the mentality of poetry each and every moment.

I celebrate the whiskey-colored sunset
Dappled with wisps of silken cocoon clouds
And the feeling of a summer down
Gussied up by a shy wind.

I celebrate lavender latte lovers -
those scented with wistfulness
and wishing for
a kind of kindness
in their cups,
in their coats,
in their cuts.

I celebrate the kind of person I am,
Not who others want me to be,
Who I should be
would be
could be
but
AM.

I celebrate the tincture and tonics
of a life well lived sipping on
the wine of joy,
the ambrosia of contentment,
the nectar of wisdom.

It's not what you have.
It's how you hold it.

Cherish your love,
But don't be afraid to
Set it free.

That's the truth of confetti.

(c) 2018 Yue Yuan

No comments:

Post a Comment