Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A September Goodbye

Goodbye  like the sun also rises,
Goodbye like apple pies
            and banana pancakes,
That dessert, lasts on your tongue goodbye.
That "hate to leave you" goodbye.

You are my sister before misters,
The sweet sarcastic smile to my
Too cynical comments.
I will miss your humor
like Sunday morning coffee,
that caffeine kick.

You are the plaid to my tweed,
Patterend differently but yet
Sewn just the same,
You help me remember my name,
              a sister thread.

And while you're away
Doing as the Romans do,
I'll remember what it's like to stay
In a home with slow-droning fans
With a friend, with a sister
Who taught me how to smile again
When pain taught me tears.

I will miss you,
So give me a
Goodbye  like the sun also rises,
Goodbye like apple pies
             and banana pancakes,
That dessert, lasts on your tongue goodbye.
That "I'll see you soon" goodbye.



No comments:

Post a Comment