Tuesday, August 14, 2012

About a Ghost.

This is not about you.
It is what was about to happen, that happenstance.
I wonder if you ever cared the way I did, found heartbeats where there were only half-lilting soft smiles.
I always wanted to stay awhile....but maybe now I'm just haunting.
Pining after hollow whispers, caress the carcasses of what I thought was alive.
A dead love. A forgotten thing. No longer will I wait.

Why won't you just leave? Ghost of my past....
Casper unwelcome and waiting, watching...whispering that someday, I'll disappear.
You haunt me...but am I haunting?
You see less than me, a whisper. A dapple of sunlight, the corner of the room.
You render me invisible.
Peer into my soul, sole survivor.

I am barred, blatantly banished to regions unsung,
Undone by the apathy in your eyes.
You left tear streaks at 2am, in different countries.
The map to my mind runs trails and treaties to yours, but there was never an answer.
You never knew because I never told you.
Yet...I never wanted to,
to tell how much pain bears,
grins like a lantern in my heart.
Because of you.

I gave, don't you remember, don't you see?
I gave and I wanted nothing.
                                           Instead, you give to her,
and I fade into shadows.

I am the wraith of the past, no present to you.
No presence.

No ghost ever wanted so much to be human.

Make-believe, blank canvas meshed into mess.

Not worth a second glance.
Just....happenstance.



No comments:

Post a Comment