Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wonder

It's this sinking feeling - suffocating dormant under sheets of indifference, stratified layered of calloused desensitization. Comfortable, cool abyss I linger in; that slow, winding easy road to hell by means of inaction.

Mummified and mute, I lay on my side committed to manslaughter and murder because I was too timid to tell you. Salvation, Grace Embodied, we were meant to worship Him. That answer you long for, the question of your soul - it lies clenched between my stubborn fingertips because the Fear tells me you might judge me. So, voluntarily, I press silent fingers to the spiritual trigger, suicidal assist because, ashamed and obsolete, I am scared.

I leave you lingering on cliff heights while I bury myself in the dead of my desperate sleep. Excuses bubble and froth on fumbling lips that leave me and deceive me...but there is hope.

I must wade into wonder. The awe of His Majesty, I must tell you of His Beauty. I'm fighting against my natural inclination to fall back asleep, to get back into bed, to forget about you. Can you see Him, see through Him? My pride stupor hazes over the true picture of the Father's Love.

I am here for you because He was first here for me.
Broken and bumbling, I submit to the wonder. Wonder of His Will, His Grace, His Righteousness.

Wonder why I walk away, a stranger to your weariness, when I know all too well.

It's time to wake up.


No comments:

Post a Comment